I can try to motivate you in “happy trainer” words, or I can be honest. Here are my daily thoughts that get me out the door when I really just want to watch a chick flick and eat my nachos:
1) If I work out, then I can be lazy for the rest of the day.
2) Those graham crackers and milk I just ate aren’t going away on their own.
3) Swimsuit season is not far away… Swimsuit season is not far away…
4) Be a good example to the kids, to family, to clients. Repeat this phrase…
5) I just signed up for a 5K, can’t disappoint myself…meh
6) My clothes are feeling tight.
7) I have to justify the chocolate I am craving. Scratch that, the chocolate I am EATING.
8) I will feel better.
9) I will be less stressed.
10) I will stop thinking and put on my shoes before I can talk myself out of this!!!
In the end, I am not always motivated. I just have to get up and move whether I want to or not! Does any of this sound like the thoughts in your head??